Logi Nu
mkemakr

webcam not being recognized

Please help..... I have a quickcam commuicate stx and I am having problems with it recognizing my cam when I plug it in.  I usually have to plug it in and out a time or two before it recognizes it, so it has worked.  This morning, no matter how many times I have done it, it doesn't recognize it.  There is nothing wrong with the port, as my digital camera is recognized when I use it.   I have a Gateway computer with Windows XP.   I don't understand why this problem occurs.  A tech person at my office suggested I uninstall the cam software and that it would work strickly out of yahoo IM???   He thought perhaps the software conflicted with my digital camera software somehow???   What is strange is that I usually can get it to recognize the webcam eventually.   However this morning...not all all!  Please help!
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,297
Solutions: 506

Re: webcam not being recognized

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum mkemakr! :smileyhappy:

Please see this thread.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
mkemakr

The camera is the Quickcam Comminucate STX....my computer is running windows XP and the software must be very recent, since I just bought the cam a few weeks ago.....Thank you....
KachiWachi

Not enough information.

Please be more specific.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
kranjan

I have the same problem, I have a webcam communicate STX, downloaded the latest drivers from the logitech website. Installed everything and when I plug in the camera during the installation the windows hardware wizard comes up, recognizes that it's a camera, but cannot find the drivers. I have tried both automatically search for drivers and also manual (and pointed it to the C:\program files\logitech\quickcam10\drivers, but it cannot find it there either. I am running windows XP. Please help? Is there not a simple download from logitech with JUST the drivers? seems overkill to download 78MB worth of a file and with all the apps just to get a freaking driver! All I want to do is to use MSN & SKYPE with video, I do not want all the logitech apps. Please help!!!!
KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum kranjan! :smileyhappy:

Logitech only releases the full software package.

As mentioned above...please see this thread.

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
Sergio

I'm having the same problem. Win XP Pro SP2 all patches does not recognizes QuickCam Communicate STX

After formating and installing Win XP Pro SP2 from scratch (all patches installed) in 4 different PCs (2 notebooks Toshiba and Compaqs and 2 PCs HP and Compaq SR1730Z) with OpenHCD Advanced USB controler
*Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller**Manufacturer*(Standard USB Host Controller)
*Driver*c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbohci.sys
*Version*5.1.2600.2180, 7-1-2001
*System Board**Chipset*ATI RS480
*Southbridge*ATI SB400
*Manufacturer*ASUSTek Computer INC.
*Product Name*Amberine M

DriverKey: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}\0000
VendorID: 1002
DeviceID: 4373
SubSysID: 2A26103C
Revision: 00

and Intel 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host controller - 24C

- I disabled any anti virus and firewall
-Installed QuickCam 10.4.0.1401 full package for STX
-Removed any other USB device from PC. webcam is the only device connected
-Removed and resintalled QuickCam.
-Formated and installed Windows from scratch again
-Tried all  USB ports available in the machine
- Enable and disabled USB legacy device compatibility in the BIOS.
- Verified for latest BIOS in all machines
- USB ports works with other USB devices (thumb drive, external HD) including Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 webcam; which was later removed when I resintalled XP from scratch.

Any help is welcome; I run out of options here.

thanks
KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum Sergio! :smileyhappy:

What is the USB\VID ID of your camera?

Thanks.

* Thanks.