Logi Apprentice
rkkeller

Re: Blue Iris

[ Edited ]

A couple other features of Blue Iris I just found out about are it buffers about 5 seconds of video, called preframes, and you can slect to have that record too when motion is triggered.

So you not only get the motion, you can get upto 5 seconds before it was triggered, if you want.  It makes for better video as you have a few seconds before whatever triggered it.

Also besides just recording video, you can have it set to take snapshots when you want, just when motion, every 10 seconds and so on.

Logi Browser
bjtheman1

Well I have 2 out of 3 cameras working on Blue Iris, can't figure out why the 3rd one won't get a signal.

Now, how many use the Live Cams App for Iphone with Blue Iris and their cameras? I'm not having any luck getting this setup

Logi Apprentice
rkkeller

Try exporting the settings for one of your working cameras, then import them into the camera your having problems with.  Then all you have to do is change the camera name and ip. Make sure Command Center is also running at first or they wont sync properly.  If the camera doesnt work this way, its probably a camera hardware problem and you need another camera.

I use the IP Cam Viewer Lite app on my EVO and it works fine.

Logi Browser
majones

If some cameras are working within Blue Iris but others display "No Signal", power cycle the rogue cameras with Wilife Command Centre running and they should then work.

"No Signal" is different to "error" within Blue Iris; if you get "error", recheck your camera IP entries within Blue Iris, and if they're correct run Wilife Command Centre and it will refresh the IP addresses within the cameras.

When Blue Iris is running correctly, you can shut down Wilfe Command Centre.

I'm running IP Cam Viewer on my Android phone, and it works really well. I'm not sure how Live Cams works, but for IP Cam Viewer you need to setup the cameras with Blue Iris set as the Make and Model. Good luck! 

Logi Apprentice
rkkeller

bjtheman1 wrote:

Now, how many use the Live Cams App for Iphone with Blue Iris and their cameras? I'm not having any luck getting this setup

I use the "ip cam viewer" app for the iPhone and it works well.

Logi Nu
clymer

Hi all:
I am trying to setup BI - demo and still having trouble seeing cameras.

On BI~

in Camera Properties: video tab, Network IP -> configure -> IP address of camera.

http / web port: 8080

RTSP /video port: 5802

Under these settings there are fields for "authentication" (ID and password) 

------------

On Wilife Command Center

In the command center -> Camera -> camera information

upper left -> it reads "Password: Using private password"

Do I need to enter a specific user ID and password in BI for this camera? How do I determine the userID? (have tried all possible combinations I can think of, if this is in fact the reason I cannot connect)

Thanks

Logi Nu
clymer

[ Edited ]

rkkeller:

Hw do you export the camera settings?

Thx

Logi Apprentice
rkkeller

clymer wrote:

rkkeller:

Hw do you export the camera settings?

Thx

When you right click on one of the cameras, on the main screen of the popup it should says import or export settings.

Logi Apprentice
rkkeller

clymer wrote:

Hi all:
I am trying to setup BI - demo and still having trouble seeing cameras.

On BI~

in Camera Properties: video tab, Network IP -> configure -> IP address of camera.

http / web port: 8080

RTSP /video port: 5802

Under these settings there are fields for "authentication" (ID and password) 

------------

On Wilife Command Center

In the command center -> Camera -> camera information

upper left -> it reads "Password: Using private password"

Do I need to enter a specific user ID and password in BI for this camera? How do I determine the userID? (have tried all possible combinations I can think of, if this is in fact the reason I cannot connect)

Thanks

Leave them both blank unless you specified any yourself.

Logi Apprentice
rkkeller

[ Edited ]

People here better buy the Blue Iris software as quality and control seem to have long vanished from the Wilife online viewing website.

For a one time price you get all the Platinum features included for free plus many more and you don't have to pay yearly.

Plus there are apps for iPhone and Android phones.