02-22-2012 06:10 AM
I have had my WiLife system for 6 years, no problems. Last year I upgraded to WIN 7 and installed the 64 bit software, still no problems. I went away six weeks ago and when I returned my system was offline and the WiLife software will not start up. I reinstalled the cvommand center software and in the middle of the install I get this message: Error setting application folder permissions 0x00000006.
After the install I am back to square one with the software not opening correctly. I did not make any changes to my system before this happened. What's going on and how do I fix it?
02-22-2012 08:19 AM
Do you have UAC enabled? If not did you run the install with adminstrative permissions? If that is not the issue there are a ton of other potential issues, IE malware, hard drive beginning to fail and so forth. Have you checked the Windows Event Logs for any clues? If the drive is failing you should see an indication of that in the event logs.
02-22-2012 08:48 AM
UAC is enabled and the program was installed as an administrator. The hard drivesare pretty new and show no signs of failing . . .I'm beginning to think malware, but no other effects are present that I can find.
02-22-2012 02:40 PM
Can I get you to try the following :
1, Uninstall the software completely from your Computer
2, Restart your computer to make sure no hidden files are left behind
3, Perform a System Restore to an earlier date before the problem first appeared and save the changes
4, Restart your Computer
5, Disable or uninstall any and all Anti Virus Softwares. Also turn off your Windows firewall to be on the safe side.
5, Re-install the Wilife Command Center
Check and see if same problem re-occurs.
Let us know how it goes.
Logitech Support Specialist
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
02-25-2012 08:48 AM
I finally got through all the steps you mentioned and still have the same problem . . .'error setting application permissions'
seems my system is junk.