Logi Nu
Ewokuk
Accepted Solution

quickcam pro 4000 driver?

[ Edited ]

I have read several things about drivers being included WITH windows 7 for logitech webcams and that people have connected the device the windows update has downloaded a driver from MS.  All I get on mine is it couldnt find a driver from MS.  Is there a driver that will get this cam to work under win7 RC 64bit?  I cannot seem to find one.

If not, will there be one available anytime soon?  or are logitech not going to provide one?  a "dont know yet" is not going to be acceptable.  if logitech are going to provide one, it will have been decided long before now so the answer should be, yes its imminent, yes its already available at least in beta form, or no we are no longer going to support your perfectly working device.

Thanks

Message Edited by Ewokuk on 08-16-2009 09:11 AM
Logi Product Team
pcastillo

Re: quickcam pro 4000 driver?

Ewokuk,

Logitech Webcam Software v1 will work with Windows 7. Unfortunately, your camera (QuickCam Pro 4000) is not supported under Logitech Webcam Software v1.

Thanks,

-PedroC.

Logi Nu
Ewokuk

[ Edited ]
Thanks.  Thats a roundabout way of saying logitech will not provide a driver for it.  Thats all I needed to know.  could have told people this months ago so we werent all sitting there twiddling our thumbs waiting.  time to go find a new webcam then (although the webcam pro 9000 does not seem to be available in europe for some reason).
Message Edited by Ewokuk on 08-17-2009 12:12 PM
Message Edited by Ewokuk on 08-17-2009 12:20 PM
Logi Nu
digger69

Sorry, trying to clarify... with my quickcam 9000 and W7 RTM 64bit, should I select Vista 64bit from http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/435/3056&cl=gb,en?osid=13&file=0 

or wait until there's an official Windows7 version?

Thanks

Logi Product Team
pcastillo

digger69,

You can downlod the file from FAQ3428 at the bottom of the page.

-Thanks,

PedroC

Logi Browser
fox2

You could always try this, it was a work around I put together for my QC5000, but might work for you.

OK, so here's my take.

I have had access to Win 7 RTM from day 1 and have got a work around for the QC5000.

I installed the latest Logitech software for the camera as recommended on the site.  This fails to find the camera, but fear not!  I then unplugged the cam and plugged it in to a different usb port so Windows would pick up the device.  I then used windows update to search for a driver and it worked!

I have had my QC5000 running on Win7 for the last couple of weeks :smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
dusantomic

It seems that Logitach guys don't have a clue ...

Thx  to fox2, i followed his manual and installed QuickCam Pro 4000 on Windows 7 64bit.

Thx mate, youre a life saver.

Logi Nu
torusot

[ Edited ]

Can you clarify what software did you use?

Logitech Webcam Software (LWS) with Vid 1.1 ?

----- added later-----

Ok. I have tested this under Windows7 Pro 64bit. and it is realy working!

Logi Nu
hannibalektr

[ Edited ]

Great job!! This worked for me too!

went to logitech driver downloads, chose vista and 64 bit. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/435/269&cl=us,en?softwareid=3515&osid=13

Followed fox2's instructions:

"I installed the latest Logitech software for the camera as recommended on the site.  This fails to find the camera, but fear not!  I then unplugged the cam and plugged it in to a different usb port so Windows would pick up the device.  I then used windows update to search for a driver and it worked!"

and cam works fine with skype.

The thing that gets me is that I have to research or do Microsoft's and Logitech's work since they are too greedy to support old products, that way we all have to go buy another one. The American way is becoming the rip off way. The guys that block support are the executive's that get a corner office for figuring out ways of ripping off their existing customers.

Makes me want to eat certain exec's livers with some fava beans and a nice chianti!

Logi Nu
vinnyt2

I have a quick cam pro 4000 - i tried downloading the latest 64 bit software and the software will not even install under win 7 ultimate.  Is there a setting you need to disable to get it to try and work?