Logi Browser
Zakkieboy

Open Source??

Since Logitech dont seem to care about the WDJ - As there any moderator that can comment on making Streampoint Open Source? Or maybe even just some development/API details?!?!

Is that too much to ask considering I paid £100+ for a remote control that may look nice, but doesnt actually work too well.... :smileymad:
================================================================
Shame Logitiech didnt put the same amount of effort into the Wireless DJ & streampoint as this did this forum...
Logi Nu
onegiantleap

Re: Open Source??

100% agree.

In this forum you find a lot of Streampoint software issues and also many questions about this software.

The Wireless DJ is in fact a great piece of hardware, but the software is definitely from the last century. As some other users here I recently bought a Mac which made the unit useless for me. I probably will give it another try in Parallels.

It is somehow strange that noone at Logitech seems to feel responsible for this product - no support, no answer to out posts - action speeaks louder than words.

Maybe users will have this complete lack of support in mind when they buy their next product.
Logi Browser
Zakkieboy

Re: Open Source??

[ Edited ]
Your right, It does make people think when buying their next 'toy' - I was looking for a multi remote, Logitech seem to be quite big in this arena, but after the junk with the WDJ...

I spend a while looking round the web to see if Logitech were just rebranding the WDJ (often the case these days and gives us the 'customer' the ability to be supported by multiple retailers!) but couldn't find any other manufacturer...

:smileysad:

Message Edited by Pegasus on 02-28-2008 07:32 PM
Shame Logitiech didnt put the same amount of effort into the Wireless DJ & streampoint as this did this forum...