Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Logi Nu
Change IP address on USB homeplug/outdoor camera

Hi, this is my first post on here so I was extra careful to read as much as possible to make sure the question hasn't been answered, but have mercy on me if I missed something.

I have the Digital Video Security Master System, now discontinued. It's been sitting around waiting for a renovation and now it's time to install it. It is basically working fine, although I echo everyone's frustration with having to use the Command Centre.

To simply my network configuration, one of the things I absolutely want to change is the IP address of the camera. Right now, as I see it, it takes its address from the USB powerline adapter, which gives it an address in the range. My network is the bog standard 192.168.x.x range.

I cannot, however, find any obvious way of changing this. I can see there is a little app in the Tools directory which allows me to change the address of the camera, but obviously it only allows that within the IP address range being advertised by its DHCP server, in this case the USB plug.

Can anyone help me with this? I can then get on to the thornier issues of remote viewing (I see Blue Iris being touted and am keen to try it, but want to sort this out first).

Help greatly appreciated!