Logi Nu
makots

Can I sync my logitech F-0415A transmitter with a Plantronics 590E not a 590A?

I have an old Logitech F-0415A Transmitter I had before my headphones for it broke. I would like to purchase a Plantronics 590E over the head Bluetooth headphone. My question is can I sync and pair the Logitech transmitter to the 590E. Thanks in Advance
Logi Apprentice
rickatnight11

Re: Can I sync my logitech F-0415A transmitter with a Plantronics 590E not a 590A?

[ Edited ]
No, I'm afraid that the transmitter will only pair with the FreePulse headphones. It has its BlueTooth profile embedded and locked inside of itself, and it will only look for the FreePulse headphones, and only has the passkey to them.

The headphones can pair with another transmitter, but that doesn't really help you. Sorry!

also this is not a FreePulse Transmitter. It might be for the wireless headset for MP3 or iPod model.

Message Edited by Mike_M on 07-11-2008 09:28 AM

FreePulse Headphones, Cordless Desktop MX 3000 Laser, Cordless MX Duo, V450 Cordless Laser Mouse, X-530 Surround Speaker System, Mobile Traveller Bluetooth Headset, PlayGear Share Audio Splitter
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: Can I sync my logitech F-0415A transmitter with a Plantronics 590E not a 590A?

HI All,
RIck, you are not correct on this point. The FreePulse transmitter has a Trusted device table with 4 slots and will pair to just about any BT device it can see. The headphones will pair with just about any A2DP transmitter out in the market.
The Security code is 0000.
The 2 devices, transmitter and headphones are paired at the factory, but that still leaves 3 slots on the transmitter open and the headphones are receivers and will pair easily to other transmitters.
As to individual devices such as the Plantronics mentioned in this post, we did not test with anything but the dongle it comes with so some devices will and some will not connect to the heaphones.
Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Apprentice
rickatnight11

Wow, I didn't know that. How can a user tell what device can connect? Will it connect to any device in discovery mode that has a "0000" passkey?

FreePulse Headphones, Cordless Desktop MX 3000 Laser, Cordless MX Duo, V450 Cordless Laser Mouse, X-530 Surround Speaker System, Mobile Traveller Bluetooth Headset, PlayGear Share Audio Splitter
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

[ Edited ]
Hi Rick,

Now we are entering the area that is not tested by us. I have just worked trial and error. My Blackberry 8800 will not connect to the headphones but my IBM T60 will. I just put whatever device into discovery mode and see what happens. If it asks for a secrity code I enter 0000.

Message Edited by Mike_M on 07-11-2008 09:24 AM
Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike