06-09-2010 07:18 AM
I have just got a brand-new Pure-Fi Express Plus today. Its Remote Control unit doesn't work. There is no response with or without iPod docked in.
- All plastic cover are remove to ensure that nothing block signal from RCU to the status
- iPod firmware reset to default, simply playlist sync and nothing else - iPod nano 5th generation (got it yesterday)
- Pure-Fi Express Plus firmware reset (by pressing shuffle-and-repeat button together for 5 secs)
- Battery is with correct pole (no change from the factory default setting)
- RCU's battery is empty - I will buy a new batt to try it out tomorrow.
- RCU or status' receiver is malfunction.
07-08-2011 10:22 AM
How about your new battery ? does it make your speaker work ? I have just bought a pure Fi and met the same problem like your so I'm finding a place to buy new battery
07-11-2011 06:01 PM
Thanks for the bit about shuffle & reset. It didn't work, but it gave me something else to try.
Like the 2 of you, my remote is dead from "out of the box"
What's really annoying is - finding the right type of battery replacement.
For a consumable item, this SHOULD be plain and large, in the Trobleshootiing section. "Try using a fresh battery" doesn't cut it.
Looking at the battery itself, it's a CR- something...
09-20-2011 05:57 AM
I've got the same problem and going through these forums it seems that Logitech has a serious problems with these remotes and no one seems to have an answer.
04-26-2012 03:22 PM
Me too~ opened box excitedly, only to discover remote no work. And my generic stash of batteries don't fit, so perhaps it's a more unusual type of battery?? But it's not good is it - LOGITECH SHOULD REPLACE FREE OF CHARGE as shipping with a dead battery not good form (why didn't they just put in those little plastic tabs that one just pulls out when ready to use??)
Clearly this is a pure-fi express product wide issue which they need to address...one would hope....?I'll ring them after 9am to ask about this problem.
08-13-2012 06:25 AM
it seems I'm not alone with this problem. From the day I took it, the remote control was not functioning. It was completely dead.
I called to the retailer I ordered it, but I have to go the their shop (in another city) with my receipt and the remote control and wait for them to check it. Not so easy!