Logi Nu
donscomp
Accepted Solution

PureFi Anywhere 2 - Battery wont take a charge?

This thing is great.  But it doesnt appear to be taking a charge.  I have had it plugged in for two days and the green lights are just advancing.  They never turn solid green.  And if I unplug it.  It just dies.  I am sending for an RMA from the seller but I wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something here. 

Thanks

Don

Logi Apprentice
bob1264

Re: PureFi Anywhere 2 - Battery wont take a charge?

Try to reset the unit and then allow it to charge fully and see if it still exhibits the same problem.  If it still does this after a reset . . . I would look for a RMA. 

*** to reset there is a button on the bottom of the unit. 

Logi Nu
RobJ

Bob - I have a PureFi Anywhere (bought in Oct 2008) and the battery will not charge. When I connect it to charger the light stays red and none of the lights flash green to indicate that it's charging. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Logi Nu
drewrk

I also purchased a Pure-Fi Anywhere for my son at Christmas.  It has been working fine but now is not accepting a charge despite being plugged into mains power.  Now, when plugged into mains, the red light displays for about 5 seconds and then all the lights go off.  Now it won't play whether plugged into mains or not.  I tried the reset by depressing the button on the base for a second or so but this doesn't seem to make any difference.  Is there anything else you can suggest?
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Hi All,

The only remedies available for troubleshooting charging issues with the Pure-Fi Anywhere series is to reset the product, try a different wall outlet and then exchange or replace the product. It is a closed system, so the firmware cannot be changed. Also the battery is not replaceable so if there is an issue we cannot ask the customer to do more than that.

I understand it is a hassle and I also understand that buying a product that doesn't perform as promised is a disappointment.

Logitech has a very liberal replacement policy and we are happy to send you a replacement should you need one.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
Jimmy23

I just bought one of these and experienced the same problem in that my unit was not charging (in fact it appeared to be not connected to power at all).  I searched and found this post and after trying the reset was sad to see that I had to head back to the shops for a replacement. 

Anyway... while unplugging the device I took another look at the adapter which has a slide in plug to adapt to my particular counties power point configuration... I wondered if perhaps the connection between this and the main adapter was not very good - so after unplugging it I then gently pushed the 2 metal connectors (only very slightly) upwards so that they would contact with the adapter plate better. 

After replugging it I was delighted to see the external charge light up and the flashing dots appear!