Logi Browser
itsnotworking

Re: PureFi Anywhere 2 Speakers Cutting Out/Turning Off

Alit, all I can say is "Amen to everything you've said".  My experiences with my *three* units has been identical to yours.

Logi Nu
moonliner

This is really sad. The first post on this was in 2008 and Logitech is STILL avoiding the obvious: the model is defective.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but good lord, this is outrageous. The total lack of care and integrity from this company is appalling. 

None of the "fixes" they offer have worked. 8 pages of complaints and nothing so much as a smidgen of support or help. 

For what it's worth, I won't be shy telling others how Logitech treats it's costumers. 

pjv
Logi Nu
pjv

[ Edited ]

this is a pretty annoying "feature".

if you have a mac and you are wanting to use the PureFi as a speaker for the computer, i have created a little app that will play a sound through it every 60 seconds that you can't hear (unless you are very, very young -- it's a 22 kHz ringtone). this keeps the speakers powered on.

you still have to keep the volume level of the mac on the high end and control the volume using the PureFi remote, so it's a long ways from a perfect fix. but if you just want to keep the speakers powered on so that the mac's system sounds will continue to play, this does the trick for me.

[Works for Leopard and above -- not Tiger or below. Sorry]

you can download it from HERE.

Logi Nu
BAntonson

[ Edited ]

I found a solution that works on my PureFi unit so that it doesn't power itself off while I'm listening to music.  If I plug my phone or ipod into the unit while the music is already playing and then turn the PureFi on, it will shut itself off after two minutes.  However, if the music player is off and then I plug it all in to the PureFi unit, power it on and then start playing music, the PureFi will not shut itself off.  It's as if the PureFi unit needs to receive the command from the music player to play in order to know it is there and not go into stand by mode.  Hopefully that works for you too.  It was driving me CRAZY!  DO NOT plug music player into PureFi while music is playing.

Logi Nu
Read the Book!

The most likely cause of this problem is the Ipod/Iphone not sitting correctly on the dock.

I managed to replicate the problem by removing the dock adaptor. My Iphone would the cut out after a couple of minutes and the remote would not work. Same with my Ipod.

After replacing the correct adaptor for my phone, the speakers stayed on and the remote works again. Again, same result with my Ipod (different adaptor to the Iphone).

There are several adaptors come with the speakers and it is very easy to use the wrong one, or as many people do, not use any, that causes the speakers not to recognise there is a device plugged in and go into power saving mode.

Hope this works for you.

Logi Nu
laurnecewilson

Just another to add to the list. These speakers just do not work for anything other than rock music. Anything quiet, classical music, speech... forget it.

I can only reiterate the comments previously. Do not buy this product and personally I will be avoiding any other Logitech products in the future.

Logi Nu
Stevewillmott70

Hi to all having trouble with the anywhere 2 I had the same problem,if your mp3 player has a graphic equaliser on it try setting them manually higher so your volume output is louder,this seems to have cured my mp3 problem(so far!)
Hope this helps as I can see most people love the sound quality of this unit when it does work.
Logi Nu
pajdabboy

Same problem here guys

I bought this speaker to practice outside. Speaker is fully charged - I set up volume limit on my iphone to 75% - I have reset the speaker.. First I power it on then plug my Iphone in and play music on and ......... after 2 minuts it Powers Off

This **bleep** speaker keeps powering off when i listen to music on max volume. When volume on the speaker is lover - lets say around 75% it works bit longer.

But this is not the sollution as it should works perfect when its fully charged.

I dont recomend this product!!!

Logi Nu
Bigmally

I have this docking station set connected to my pc and had the same problem but as a previous poster has mentioned, turn the docker volume down to zero.........turn your PC volume up to full.......turn your player volume up to full..........then set your dockers volume control to the desired position........it worked for me........Thank you to the previous poster.

Logi Nu
J-Roc

[ Edited ]

I've played music from my iPod on this speaker for years without an issue. Recently I attempted to use it as my computer speaker and that's when I began to experience the power-off problem everyone is complaining about here. After reading a guy's post earlier about creating a Mac app that plays a 22 kHz clip every two minutes, I went and solved the issue on my PC...

I created a 1:48 long (that's when my speaker would shut off after no "detected" sound) MP3 that plays a 17 kHz sound for a split second (testing from 22 KHz down, the 17 KHz clip was the first one to activate the speaker. 17 kHz can't be heard by most people over 24... but it only plays a split second anyway so even if you can I hear it - not a big deal). I then loop it in the background through winamp, minimized in the system tray.

Now I can watch movies, listen to quiet music, or work in silence... all while the speaker stays ON. I also must keep my computer volume at around 75% for it to work.

I know, it's a sloppy fix... but I had enough of this nagging problem and now I'm free of it. If you want the PureFi Anywhere to function as a computer speaker that stays ON, this MP3 will make it possible for you. Please PM me if you want it.