Logi Nu
embra

S315i speaker powering down

I'm using the S315i rechargeable speaker with my iPod Touch.  It works fine while plugged in, but when running on fully-charged battery the speaker powers down every 15 minutes.  I have to turn it off and back on, and also go to my Touch to start my podcast or music playing again.

I am presuming that the speaker is the culprit, although I can't dismiss the possibility that the Touch is initiating the problem (I've only had it a few weeks).  Any ideas how I can fix this?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: S315i speaker powering down

Hi,

I'm sorry you are having this issue with the speakers.

It sounds like something is amiss in one of the circuit boards. Please contact Technical Support for a replacement.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
embra

Sorry it took awhile to post again...I seemed to have trouble logging in for a while, but it's ok now.

Thanks for what you could say.  I called TS and they said that radio streaming "could confuse" the speakers...so I guess there's nothing wrong with the hardware.  It works fine on AC power and it's ok on battery power as long as it's not streaming.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion to contact Logitech.  At least I know it's just the way it is.

Logi Nu
DaveSaunders

I just got the S315i speaker and wish I found this support issue first. 90% of the time I listen to streaming audio so having it shut down when on batteries is really, really annoying.

Other than that, it's really a nice speaker dock. The sound quality is impressive for such a small form factor.

Logi Nu
jspeaks315i

I have the same issue with my iPhone. Will there be a fix for this issue?

Logi Nu
pedalpower

My Logitech S315i Portable Speaker power down too.  Is there other app. that can cause problem. I return my first to Apple thinking the charger was not working.

Clayton

Logi Nu
Priocca

Hi,

I can tell the same that the speaker works properly only if the power connector is plugged in. Running  the speaker on battery there is an interruption between 5 and 30 minutes both on IPhone and IPod touch. Any ideas?

Logi Nu
idbardin79

Can someone tell me this: Can the speaker charge if it is plugged into the wall with no iPod attached? When I plug it into the wall without my iPod, the green light glows continously. Does this mean that it is charging?

Thank you in advance.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Hi,

A solid green LED means the unit is fully charged.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
mdbijl

I think the power-down behaviour is caused by a fault design in their sleep mode functionality. I don't think Logitech tested the speakerdock with other applications than the iPod application on the iPhone. The speakerdock probably polls something that is only set when listening to music through the iPod application.

If somebody can proof me otherwise, go ahead: does somebody has a different program than iPod on their iPhone/iPod touch that doesn't cause the powering down after 5~30 min?

To be clear: The problem doesn't occur when external power  is connected, so test with battery only.

I urge Logitech to replace all S315i's (I don't think a firmware upgrade is possible on those speakerdocks). Please Logitech, don't come with a story like: 'we don't support thirdparty applications on the iPhone/iPod'.... I already mentioned this problem on my (Dutch) weblog: http://www.ruwebit.net/article/394

Your product is faulty, fix it.

Regards,

Maurice