Logi Nu
cmadigan

S715i not charging iphone

Hi there,

Just got the S715i rechargeable speaker system. Works fine and sounds good.. but does not charge the iphone. I have tried it with an iphone 3 and 4 as well as an old ipod photo.. same result, no charge.

There is not much information with the manuals it shipped with.

Anone else having the same trouble??

B.
Logi Nu
B.

Re: S715i not charging iphone

Same problem.  The only way it will charge for me is to have the docking station plugged in at all time.  My remote quite working after one week.  Anyone know how to obtain another one?

Logi Nu
cmadigan

Mine wont even charge the phone at all... even if I leave it plugged in.

Logi Browser
DavidPoppell

I have the same problem.

I often like to go to sleep to my Ipod playing. However after a night of sleeping with my Ipod plugged in, not only does it not charge my Ipod (Even with the dock plugged in to the wall), but it apparently does not let my Ipod power off and so my Ipod battery will be completely drained when I wake up.

I have had the same results with 2 different generations of Ipods.

Logi Nu
T. A. Engle

Same problem for me, I have a Touch 4G. Just got this, and while it sounds good, having it not charge while docked is a problem!

Logi Nu
T. A. Engle

Urggg....never mind, it does charge my Ipod Touch 4G (I stupidly didn't have the S715i plugged in).  It won't charge the Ipod from the batter (which is fine and makes sense)

Logi Browser
DavidPoppell

I called Logitech customer support, and they told me to reset the dock by pressing the power button and volume up button at the same time, which did indeed cause the LED to flash as they said it would, however that was apparently entirely aesthetic as it had no effect on charging my Ipod while it is plugged in.

Is Logitech not interested in these forums or the posters? It has been over a month since the original post was created with no address from Logitech.

Logi Nu
hudsonknk

You are correct Logitech does not care about anything but your money. This speaker has issues with the power adapters going bad. If your not charging then the speaker will also die soon. Try getting a replacement is crazy. They send you the wrong stuff back and then make you wait even longer to send the wrong item back I bet if the wrong item was worth more than the speaker I would of had UPS mailing lable fast but as it is it has been 4 days and still no word from them./ This is the last item I ever buy with LOGITECH name on it. You suck!!!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

You can try resetting the dock by turning it on and off, then holding the power button for 5 seconds (light should blink). As well you can try resetting your iPod/iPhone (for anything touch it's hold Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 6 seconds and Apple logo will appear http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320).

If your iPod/iPhone has a plastic or rubber case, try removing that as sometimes they will prevent a properly seated connection. Also make sure you are using the correct dock adapter as some may fit but not be the correct one for your device.

If it is still not working contact support for a warranty claim.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
DjDkG

Hi, i have the same problem....

I restarted my Iphone 4 32GB, i restarted the S715i.... nothing... the S715i doenst charge my iPhone, and the iPod classig 2.gen , too :smileysad:
Can sb. help me please.