Logi New
paulius1

connecting Logitech Wireless Boombox to Windows 7

I cannot connect my Logitech Wireless Boombox to my Windows 7 Pro computer over Bluetooth.

Either PC does not find the speaker, even in discovery mode.

If PC finds the speaker, tries to connect. Gives error that it took too long.

What gives? Please advise.

Logi New
paulius1

Re: connecting Logitech Wireless Boombox to Windows 7

nobody tried to connect Log. Wireless Boombox to Win 7 laptop?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

[ Edited ]

Hi paulius1,

Are you able to connect the Boombox to another device, like a tablet or smartphone? Do you know what Bluetooth adapter and stack your computer has? The Wireless Boombox operates on A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), I would check with the manufacturer of your computer or Bluetooth receiver to see if it supports that.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
dovercliff

Try resetting factory default on the boombox, hold both buttons- up and down for 12sec the bluetooth light will blink even more rapidly, then click add in windows bluetooth device, window will find the device as Logitech Boombox, then complete the pairing process.  If that not working check your bluetooth settings-options tab, check all the boxes- especially Discovery box, once its paired then you can uncheck discovery box later for security.  I had to play around with settings to get boombox to pair, oddly enough i tried the Z515 box and it paired right away in windows without any FUSS? but the speakers did sound as good as these boombox unit.

Logi New
paulius1

Yes, i can connect Boombox to my iPhone 4 and iPad 2.  Not Win 7 PC though.  Will try another Win 7 laptop...

Logi New
paulius1

Tried to connect Boombox again.  Windows 7 found Logitech Speaker, tried to connect and gave me this error message:

"Device driver software was not successfully installed

Bluetooth Peripheral Device  -  No driver found"

See error dialog here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5MzIzyTjGFTe3mOZlrxsCpTDXmmRsY6rypbt6j_WoRY?feat=directlink

What now?

Logi New
paulius1

No luck resetting to factory defaults.  Win 7 cannot fin Boombox now  :smileysad:

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

I would suggest contacting your PC or Bluetooth manufacturer to see if they have any drivers or updates available for A2DP audio.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Idea

Hello have you try this driver?????

Logi Nu
Cichicean

Hi, try this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/bluetooth-peripheral-device-driv...

For me it was the windows driver in that package and the instructions that helped.