10-02-2007 10:20 PM
* all applications in C:\Program Files\Logitech\io2Software set to "run as Administrator"
* all applications in C:\Program Files\Logitech\io2Software set to "run in Windows XP compatibility mode"
I can access all the tools - but unfortunately cannot download anything from my pen.
Any ideas or solutions what I can do?
Thanks in advance
PS: I'm running Windows Vista Business
11-01-2007 07:57 PM
11-23-2007 02:14 PM
11-24-2007 08:01 AM
I am in a role that recommends technology to others.
1) (Others) I cannot, in good conscience, recommend technology that appears that it will be discontinued to others – no matter how great it might be.
2) (Me) I never got started with my io2… I bought it after I was running Vista. I’m not really interested in working hard to get it working, only to discover that it is discontinued. I have plenty of other items to work on that do appear to have a future.
So, the answer needs to be “Here’s the link to the Vista drivers and software”. Timing isn’t quite as important.
Before posting this, I’ve also noticed that there are no longer any stores in a 120 mile radius (the largest search radius I can input) of zip code 94555 (Logitech headquarters in CA).
Distribution Shrinking + No Vista Support = No future for this product?
I do appreciate the effort to help, but I hope this clarifies what my needs are…
02-06-2008 06:43 AM
Destiny has purchased Logitech's digital-writing technology assets for an undisclosed amount. Logitech will manufacture the digital pen for Destiny until the company transitions to its own manufacturing. Destiny plans to make the digital-writing pens and supplies available to existing Logitech solution providers and individual customers through resellers and its own Web site.
During the transition, Logitech will continue to sell its io2 Digital Writing System, as well as paper and ink refills, as long as supplies last. Logitech will provide support to its digital writing customers while their products are under warranty.
03-11-2008 02:24 PM
11-29-2008 12:56 PM
The following worked for me:
- make sure .NET 1.1 and SP1 are installed on your computer - if not download both from microsoft.com and install. You can verify that they are installed by looking at Programs in the Vista Control Panel
- download the latest driver from the Logitech website (not from the estiny website, the compny that bought the io2 pen from Logitech) and save it to your hard drive (running straight from Logitech website failed for me - don't know why)
- connect your cradle and put pen in it
- run the installation file
- start application